Shameless STIs: HERPES
Time & Location
About the Event
Sex Positive Education: Let's learn about Herpes Simplex virus types 1 & 2.
Join Dr. Evelin Dacker with guests Courtney Brame, host of Something Positive For Positive People Podcast, and Rae Kennedy RN, BSN, Certified Holistic Sex Educator.
Lecture format with questions and answer to further your knowledge and understanding of herpes.
We will cover the following topics:
- Viral transmission
- How it can show up in a person's body
- What you can do to reduce outbreaks and shedding.
- Understand risk tolerance and how that plays into telling and hearing STI status.
- When and how to ask your provider for testing.
- Disclosure of a positive test to new or potential partners- hear from Courtney Brames and Rae Kennedy on best strageties to disclose as well as hear from a partner.
- Resources to help further your understanding and reduce stigma and shame.
Afterwards we will conclude with a discussion forum and a question and answers period. This portion may extend past the 90 minutes for those that desire.
All attendees will be emailed afterwards with a resource list.
All proceeds made from this event will be donated to the nonprofit Something Positive For Positive People.
Evelin Dacker MD is a board certified integrative family physician, sex and consent educator, TEDx speaker and community organizer. She is passionate about destigmitizing sexual health issues and improving communication to help co-create consensual conscious intimate relationships.
Courtney Brame is the Host, Founder and Executive Director of Something Positive for Positive People Podcast. SPFPP is an organization which began as a suicide prevention resource for people navigating herpes diagnosis and now serves as a hub of healing resources.
Rae Kennedy RN, BSN, in addition to her work as a nurse, is a Certified Holistic Sex Educator working to slay the STIgma and normalize herpes! She can be found on Instagram @positive.results.us and at PositiveResults.